Plaintiffs and attorneys in Houston can get financial help through The Legal Funding Group. Plaintiffs can use legal funding as a cash advance after experiencing a trauma or injury that is emotional, mental, or physical, while law firms can use it to expand their working capital. Living expenses and bills accumulate quickly. As a result, some plaintiffs may be unable to work due to their injuries. You or your lawyer may feel confident that you will receive a settlement, but it can take some time for a payout to appear in your bank account. The Legal Funding Group will ensure that you have the financial stability you need to keep your bills paid while waiting for your settlement.
The Basics of Legal Funding
1. Phone/Online Application
To qualify for pre-settlement funding in Houston, TX, you will need to fill out a simple phone or online application. This process is quick and will help you get the funding you need immediately. You or your attorney will need to provide us with some standard documents. We will also ask you to confirm that your application’s information is correct, so we can contact you when needed and ensure that your funding is being sent to the right destination.
2. Attorney Verification
Your lawyer is one of the most critical factors you will need to consider in the approval process for legal funding in Houston, TX. Before receiving an advance on your legal settlement, we will contact your attorney. A release form will be sent to you that will allow us to confirm the essential details of your lawsuit with your lawyer. The form will inform your attorney that you are seeking legal funds through The Legal Funding Group and include a request for the necessary details we will need from your case to approve your loan.
To be approved for funding through us, you will need to complete some verifications, including authenticating your case details, which will be done after a release form has been completed with your attorney. We will then check to see if you had any previous lawsuits that could change the outcome, negatively affect, or prohibit the results of your case.
3. Loan Approval & Money Transfer
The lawsuit funding approval process comprehensively evaluates your application and involves verifying details, information about your case, and legal team correspondence. Your application can be approved, and your funds transferred in under 24 hours if the required verifications and documentation are carefully completed and submitted promptly.
Once your funding has been approved through The Legal Funding Group, there are a variety of ways you can be paid. An overnight check can be sent to you, we can give you a cashier’s check, or the money can be directly deposited (wired) into your checking account.
Qualifying for Legal Funding in Houston, TX
To qualify for legal funds, the following criteria must be met:
- Legal funding companies will want to have confidence that the case will be resolved in your favor because they are assuming a great deal of risk by offering you a cash advance before your case is settled. Therefore, your case must be strong.
- Your lawyer must represent you on a contingency fee basis. This means that they will only be paid if they settle or win your case.
- The defendant, who is liable for your injuries, must pay for any damages by themselves or through an insurance company.
If the above criteria are met, The Legal Funding Group will also consider the following:
- Damages: These include any emotional, physical, or financial losses you may experience in an accident. A victim’s injuries would have to be severe in the past to qualify for funds, but today, legal funding companies may consider less severe trauma, such as soft tissue injuries like strains or sprains.
- Adequate Investment Margins: You will need to inform the legal funding company of any expenses that may need to be subtracted from your settlement along with your attorney’s fees. Make sure that you disclose information such as jury awards or settlement liens.
- Cooperation with Attorneys: Finally, you should let your attorney know that you are using a legal funding company for an advance on your settlement. They will need to provide the company with documentation about your case and acknowledge the agreement as well.
Attorney Funding in Houston, TX
Funds are available to any injury attorney who represents a plaintiff in a case. We provide special financing specifically designed to help law firms remain financially afloat throughout court proceedings.
Contingency fee lawyers have incomes that depend on their cases, either winning or settling. These funds can be used as a cash advance in the meantime while they are waiting for their case to conclude and can be tailored to suit a lawyer’s time frame needs and budget. Attorney funding in Houston, TX, can help lawyers prepare winning cases and grow their firms.
Attorneys will get the money they need to help them present strong cases with expert witnesses, research studies, and other expenses.
Enhanced Operating Capital and Increased Cash Flow
In today’s competitive market, a lawyer will need steady cash flow to run a law firm effectively. If a law firm is faced with out-of-pocket litigation expenses, protracted cases, or delayed payments, they may have trouble making ends meet. Our expert professionals at The Legal Funding Group can build a cushion that attorneys and law firms can use for expenses related to their cases, monetize illiquid assets, and produce working capital for their firm.
Developing your Legal Firm and Law Practice
Attorneys and law firms can only attract new clients if they have adequate funding to implement their marketing plans. Attorneys can boost their reach with our financing.
Types of Cases We Fund
Legal firms and plaintiffs can use a lawsuit loan in Houston, TX, to cover expenses for the following types of cases:
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Truck Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Dangerous Drugs
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
Important Texas Legal Information
Statute of Limitations: Depending on the severity of the claim, civil statute of limitations laws in Texas can range from between one and five years. The most common civil statute of limitations laws in Texas include the following:
- Two years for personal injuries
- Two years for medical malpractice
- Two years for personal property damage
- Five years for sex crimes
Negligence Laws: A modified comparative negligence rule, otherwise known as proportionate responsibility, is used in Texas. This means that your damages may be reduced if you are found partially at fault for an injury.
Minimum Liability Coverage: For a single accident in Texas, the 30/60/25 coverage rule applies. The amount of liability coverage you will need per person is $30,000. Per accident, you will need to have up to $60,000 of coverage. For property damage, you will need $25,000 of coverage.
Apply For Legal Funding in Houston, TX
The Legal Funding Group wants to help victims find justice that they may not be able to afford if they are in a financial bind. Our specialists are highly trained and have years of experience working with a variety of legal funding situations. When you work with us, the only thing you will have to worry about is your recovery.
We have the money you need to help you win your case. Visit our website and apply today.