When a plaintiff files a personal injury lawsuit, they hope to win a settlement or a judgment. It can take months, or even years, to go through the appropriate legal channels to finalize your case. Meanwhile, you need cash to cover your living expenses. You can use pre-settlement funding, a cash advance, to pay your bills on your pending case instead of applying for a loan.
Pre-Settlement Funding Basics
A loan is money you would borrow from a financial institution with the expectation that it will be paid back in a certain period of time. Pre-settlement funding is when a portion of the expected court award or settlement is sold in exchange for an advance. This means that the pre-settlement funding company will give the plaintiff money now with the understanding that the money will be repaid once the case has settled. The case’s expected outcome will determine how much funding a plaintiff can receive as part of their pre-settlement advance. This type of funding is also non-recourse. If the plaintiff cannot settle their case or lose the case entirely, they will not have to repay the settlement company.
Financial Assistance When a Plaintiff Needs It Most
If you are planning to file a lawsuit or have already filed, it may be years before your case is resolved in court. Litigation is not only time-consuming and stressful, but it is also a significant financial burden. A plaintiff may be accruing daily living expenses and medical bills while they are waiting for their settlement check. They may also be incapacitated and not able to work. Until their case is resolved, they will have trouble making ends meet due to lost wages.
You can’t ignore your financial obligations while you are waiting for a personal injury case to move through the courts. Life stops for no one, regardless of a person’s ability to pay their bills.
The Legal Funding Group offers pre-settlement funding which will help you pay for everyday living expenses, including:
- Loan payments
- Rent or mortgage
- Automotive expenses
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Other expenses for your family and children
Choosing the Right Funding Company
When selecting a pre-settlement company to work with, there are several things you need to consider:
- Make sure the company operates in your state. They should be licensed to do business in your state, even if they aren’t located there.
- Compare offers from several different companies. All pre-settlement companies offer different percentages of predicted settlement amounts.
- Prior to receiving your settlement funds, you need to ask each company how much interest you will be charged every month. This is very important as it will directly impact the amount of money you could receive after your case has been resolved.
- Compare how frequently the interest is compounded. A weekly or daily compounded interest term will cost you more than an extended compounded term, even if everything else is equal.
Regardless of how bad your financial situation is, you want to compare offers to ensure that the decision you make best suits your needs. If you’re unsure about what everything means, you can speak with a financial advisor or an attorney. A respectable pre-settlement funding company should also have a five-star customer service team that can clearly explain everything in a way that will help you make sense of it all, so you will have a better understanding about what you are getting into.
Applying for Pre-Settlement Funding in 4 Easy Steps
Personal injury lawsuits are stressful on both you and your family. The Legal Funding Group can secure pre-settlement funding for a plaintiff quickly and easily through our streamlined application process:
- Fill Out an Application: Visit our website and fill out our online form. It is entirely free and you are under no obligation to do business with us. Include the name of the lawyer and the firm handling your case, the firm’s telephone number, and your name and contact information.
- Your Application Is Reviewed: After submitting your application to us, we will evaluate it and then consult with your lawyer. We will only ask them to provide us with several important documents that will be used to assess your case.
- You Receive a Pre-Settlement Check: If your application qualifies for pre-settlement funding, you will receive a check from a portion of your final settlement. Within 24 hours after approval, qualified applicants can receive between $500 to $100,000.
- You Reap the Benefits: Your pre-settlement funds can be used to cover routine costs and expenses related to your injuries.
It’s that simple. The Legal Funding Group can help get you the cash you need quickly so you can focus more on your recovery.
Contact Us Today
The last thing you need in your life is undue financial stress related to your bills and other necessary living expenses while you are focusing on your recovery. We can help you get back on your feet so you can look forward to brighter, better days to come.
To begin our free application, contact our team at (912) 777-3997. There is no obligation, and any information you provide to us about your case will be kept entirely confidential.